Dual State Fire & Safety offers fire hose testing service which includes:
- Removal of fire hose from apparatus or storage.
- Labeling and recording of all information for each length of hose.
- Inspection of all fire hose, nozzles, couplings and appliances in accordance with NFPA standards.
- Rolling and repacking of fire hose in the same place and manner as it was removed or as you would prefer.
The 2018 edition of NFPA 1962, Standard for the Care, Use, Inspection, Service Testing, and Replacement of Fire Hose, Couplings, Nozzles, and Fire Hose Appliances, is now available online and can be read on the NFPA web site.
In addition to a new title, some other updates include:
- Hose manufactured prior to July 1987 shall be removed from service.
- Service-testing of nozzles.
- Attack fire hose shall be service tested to a minimum of 300 psi.
Supply fire hose shall be service tested to a minimum of 200 psi.
- System tests — each pre-connected line or any attack line used for interior firefighting operations on a fire apparatus, together with the nozzle or hose connected appliance it supplies, shall be flow tested as a system at least annually.
- All non-threaded hose connections shall be provided with locks to ensure against unintentional disconnection.
- Fire hose users and the Authority Having Jurisdiction shall establish a replacement schedule for their fire hose, which takes into consideration the use, age and testing results.
The purpose of NFPA 1962 is to provide a reasonable level of safety for users of fire hose and a reasonable degree of assurance that the hose, coupling assemblies, appliances and nozzles will perform as designed. This applies to the care of all types of fire hose, coupling assemblies, appliances and nozzles while in service, in use and after use, including inspecting and service testing.
Dual State Fire & Safety inspection technicians are up-to-date on all standards and regulations and can ensure that your fire hose meets current specifications and is ready to use in case of emergency. Contact us online or at 870-862-6200 for more information about our fire hose testing and inspection service.